New To Vaping? All You Need To Know About Freebase And Salt Nic
Posted on octobre 24 2019
When using a vape device you will have to purchase an e-liquid to fill your vape. These e-liquids are found with freebase nicotine or salt nicotine. The type of nicotine best suited for you depends on many factors.
Salt nic is the natural form of nicotine found in tobacco leaves and used to make e-liquid. Salt nic is different from freebase nicotine in a few ways:
- Higher levels of nicotine like 20mg, 35mg, 50mg, etc
- Enters and exits the blood stream faster
- Is used in smaller devices
- Used with high resistance coils like 1.8ohm coils for example
- Smoother nicotine hit
- Better flavor
- Recommended for long term smokers switching to vaping
- Generally lower levels of VG (vegetable glycerin)
Salt nic as mentioned above can only be used with smaller devices like pods that produce small amounts of vapor. Due to the high levels of nicotine in salt nic juices smaller amounts of vapor prevent you from inhaling too much nicotine. If you were to use a mod designed for freebase nicotine the larger amount of vapor will force you to inhale too much nicotine and that may affect your health. Some devices you can use salt nic juices with are; Smok RPM, Smok Nord, Uwell Caliburn.
Salt nic is best for you if…
- You are looking for a high concentrate level of nicotine.
- You use a smaller device like a pod.
- You enjoy a smoother throat hit.
- You are switching from cigarettes to vaping.
- You are looking for a device that does not produce too much vapor.
- You prefer a more discreet device with less vapor.
Freebase nicotine is the purest form of nicotine added to e-liquids. Freebase nicotine is different from salt nic in these ways:
- Available in lower levels of nicotine like 0mg, 3mg, 6mg, 12mg, etc.
- Enters the bloodstream slowly.
- Harsher throat hit when vaping 6mg or 12mg of nicotine.
- Used with bigger devices or mods to create more vapor.
- Available in a wide variety of flavours.
Freebase nicotine is right for you if…
- You are new to vaping and do not smoke many cigarettes.
- You are a short term smoker.
- You are looking to switch from a salt nic e-liquid to freebase.
- You are using a device designed for freebase e-liquids.
- You are a long term smoker using a beginner or intermediate device designed for freebase e-liquids.
Whether you decide to choose salt nic or freebase nicotine for your vape experience you must make sure you purchase the right device for your choice of nicotine. Using the right nicotine with the correct device will ensure you have a great vape experience.
For more info on what type of nicotine may be best for you visit any one of The Vape Company stores today!