What Do Mouth To Lung and Direct To Lung Vaping Mean?
Posted on October 29 2019
When looking to learn about vapes or purchasing them online you may come across the terms mouth to lung (MTL) and direct to lung (DTL). These terms may sound confusing yet they actually mean something very simple. MTL and DTL are just two different styles of inhaling vapor meaning two different ways to vape.
Mouth To Lung
MTL vaping is when you inhale the vapor from your device, hold it in your mouth to taste the flavor, and then inhale that vapor again into your lungs. This style of vaping mimics a cigarette feeling which is why it is preferred by beginner vapers looking to quit cigarettes.
Direct To Lung
DTL vaping is when you inhale the vapor directly into your lungs without holding it in your mouth. This style of vaping is great for more experienced vapors and/or users who are looking for more vapor.
MTL Is Right For You If…
- You are new to vaping looking to quit smoking
- You prefer vapor that mimics a cigarette
- You like to vape at higher levels of nicotine
- You are looking for a strong throat hit
- You want more flavor
If you think MTL is best for you there are a few more steps for you to take to create your ideal vape experience.
For MTL vaping you will need:
- A vape device designed to mimic a cigarette for example a pod
- An e-liquid with a high level of nicotine (higher than 3mg)
- An e-liquid with a higher level of PG (Propylene Glycol) and a lower level of VG (vegetable glycerin)
These components will work together to create your MTL experience.
A pod like device will ensure the vapor created is a small amount similar to a cigarette.
A high level of nicotine will make for a strong throat hit.
A higher level of PG vs VG will provide you with more flavor. E-juices of 50PG/50VG ratio are also very common for MTL vaping.
DTL Is Right For You If…
- You like to exhale large clouds of vapor
- You are an experienced vapor looking for an intermediate/advance vape device
- You prefer a more intense vape experience
For DTL vaping you will need…
- An intermediate/advanced level device
- E-liquid with a nicotine level of 3mg or lower
- E-liquid with a high level of VG and low PG level
An intermediate/advanced device will help you to create bigger clouds of vapor.
Recommended nicotine levels for these devices are 3mg or less. This is because a higher level of nicotine will cause a harsh throat hit and may make you cough or lightheaded. If you decide to use a higher level of nicotine you may although it is not recommended as it may cause nausea, chest pain, dizziness, or coughing.
A high level of VG with a lower level of PG will further help to create larger clouds.
Need Help Finding The Right Device And E-liquid For MTL Or DTL Vaping?
Visit The Vape Company! Our Associates Will Find You The Right Products To Perfect Your Vaping Experience!